25 January 2012

Wasting time

One of the worst things about crack... or I guess about being an addict in general... is the amount of time you waste.

  • time trying to score
  • time picking it up
  • time doing it
  • time sleeping it off

All of that is time that you don't get back. Time that you could have spent with friends and loved ones. Time that is just ... gone.

Yeah, it's fun when you're doing it. If it wasn't, people wouldn't do it.

But every time.

Ever. Single. Time.

When it's over, when I come down, I find myself wishing I hadn't wasted the time.

Or told the lies that are necessary to explain the time that is gone... but that is another entry.

Do you ever waste time and wish you could get it back?

1 comment:

  1. I think we all have at some point wasted time but I don't think I've ever wasted time that I wish I could get it back.

    There have been those moments where I wish I just had more time to spend with a loved one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, spam not.